Sunday, February 26, 2006

Long time no read.... from me!!!

Did you think I'd left for good? I had a long post written the other day and I had to leave for an appointment...hit a wrong key and... you got it... it disappeared. It will be interesting if any of you are looking anymore... or have given up on me!!!

Lots has happened...to Lookout Mountain, GA to see Ryan and take Katie to Covenant... I love that college... because of the kids that go there!!! I've started speaking with Christian Women's Clubs... and will be speaking here on the 9th. I've gotten through a 5th Valentine's Day and anniversary (it would have been our 25th) without David, and I am currently in the throes of following and supporting Katie and Jonathan in debate tournaments...which I love!!! What else can a mother do? It's not always clean house, let me tell you!!! And it can drive me nuts!!!

And admidst all that...I'm also going to start practicing what I teach... slow down and sit before God... so I can hear Him. I have found myself so busy with so many things that I have not given to Him enough time for listening to Him. My goal is to start keeping 2 hours in the am for me... to study the Word and pray. I want to let Him open any closets that I might be hiding from Him... or even hiding from me. How we cleverly do that! We don't want to "go there"... we often have to wade through pain to get to the high ground of peace, or face our ugly flaws to achieve the beauty we so desire. Oh, if we only would realize the fullness of being His daughter or son...then we could see our beauty and value through the flaws and pain here on this earth. That closet wouldn't hold the "monsters" we don't want to see or slay. Indeed, we would face them squarely... with the one beside us that grants us protection and purpose, beauty and peace....

...and that is what I'm going to do. He loves me enough to make me whole!!! (Right, Ryan?) So, though my schedule seems clogged as ever...my closets are going to be hunted down... and cleaned.

I'd appreciate your prayers....

1 comment:

zippy said...

i come here all the time to see if you've posted. love you!