Sunday, September 09, 2007

Ahh, nothing like a....

...good tackle!

Friday night I watched my dear son sweat and grunt through a football game. I had struggled with driving so far alone, especially since it was threatening to rain, but I took my caffeine, tuned in my classic 60-70's rock to keep me awake and drove. I got there at half-time. The boys were ahead, but the affirmation of my efforts to support my dear Jonathan came in a gift from God wrapped as a "picture perfect" tackle right in front of me, as I strained to see everything from my chair. The tackler? No one other that my big son, Jon!! I shouted, "That's a way, Jon", and the smile I got from behind that helmet grill will forever be etched in my mind. Broad, handsome, and delighted...a communication between mom and son alone! To think I could have decided not to drive and miss one of the most special moments in life...

Have I said how much I love that guy? God, thank you for the privilege of being his biggest fan...

Ahh, there is simply nothing like a good tackle... and a knowing smile between mom and son...

2 comments:

Becky said...

Way to go Johnny!!! Tell him that Sarah asks for him periodically, and when she does she always refers to him as Goofy Johnny!

Hannah E. said...

Oh, Caroline!!! I didn't know you had a blog. This girl would love to be "mentored" by your blog posts, so keep them coming! =) Visit mine too! Miss you.