Friday, October 21, 2005

Hummm...

As I sit in the Hampton Inn with my coffee and cereal, I am thinking of all of you. As I drove through the Oklahoma hills last night, I called some of you, but I prayed for lots of you... at Covenant, LeTourneau, at OWU, ACS, and my family and friends. What a way to love. Yet, I do it way to little, because an enemy keeps me too busy doing "great" things. Prayer is the greatest love note I can send you. When I, we, become truly convinced of that, realizing the utter need we have for prayer, we will be much wiser indeed. God has truly gifted each of you, me, with many abilities that He created for one thing alone...to serve the Kingdom of God, and bring Him glory...

... Wednesday, Katie, Jonathan and I saw that lived out again... in a man we had to bury in our community. At age 45, Tom came down with a virus and within 10 days it killed his heart. He had his heavenly homecoming Saturday evening. The funeral was so much like David's... a giant in the community that everyone loved, respected and now reels from the unfairness of life. Praised as a godly man in business, as a husband, as a father, God's kingdom was cast as a wonderful, safe place for those who believe. Tom believed that to die was gain, no matter how much he loved his wife and children, and would have never chosen to leave them. And, his children and wife know that to be true, too...evidence of a life well lived. Prayer will get them through... our prayers for them... their prayers to Him, the One and Only that has suffered and understands everything their heart cries during the pain of letting go to death and focusing on their loved ones eternal life...Just as prayer has gotten the Casselberrys through the earthly death of our loved one, David.

My memories are many today... he was a wonderful companion and husband, and I miss him much. How grateful I am that my God at the cross gave me the most "kind intention of His will", the sacrifice of His Son so that this life is only the "blink of an eye", and my hope lies well beyond the borders of this earth.

Love you all... am praying for you!!!!

No comments: