Monday, October 31, 2005

Monday night quiet...

I'm home alone! The kids are off to harvest parties, and I'm home alone!! The quiet is nice. And, I can focus on tomorrow's Bible study that I'm teaching. Ephesians has been wonderful. How many times I've read it over the years, but, it's fresh and new again. It's funny how His word does that! The first 2 chapters focus on "who" we are... chosen, predestined as to salvation and becoming more like Him... all of that according to the "kind intention of His will", the cross! Chapter 3 focuses on: we are LOVED... again the ultimate act of that love is at the cross...
At the end of chapter 3, Paul again prays for the Ephesians... and the last 2 verses are, I am convinced, written with great emotion..."Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, acccording to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to alll generations forever and ever. Amen." Here is Paul, the one who passionately pursued those who believed in Christ, to hunt them down and kill them, protecting His Jewish heritage and what he knew to be true... now proclaiming the "mystery", of how Christ also died for the Gentiles... and Paul is pursuing the very ones, you and me, who were outside his Jewish heritage to let them know the liberty, grace and power available to them to live life in Christ. WOW! Paul was changed... totally!
And next week, we will, now that we know "who and whose" we are, learn how to "walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which (we've) been called." Is it a heavy responsibility... yes, until I fully understand that the cross also provided the power in the Spirit to do it all...indeed, it is the Lord's load. I just need to be the conduit of the power already given to me.

Oh, how I fail... to lean on Him.

Grace is soooo wonderful... sooo amazing. I do not deserve it, yet He has extended it fully to me.

His love...complete and wonderful... and "surpassing all knowledge", yet I can "be filled up to all the fulness of God". The more I love, the more I understand the sacrifice of His love. Especially when I am hurt by the ones I love... for it is then I understand more the sacrifice of His love... an almighty God who could anihilate those who hurt Him, leaves me to learn and fail, to love Him. Incredible...

No comments: