Saturday, October 15, 2005

It's morning...

Never will I sit and look at a sunrise without awe that I know the One who painted it. The colors herald a new day and warmth surrounds my soul as it comes out of chill of night, not unlike the time when I sit at His feet and contemplate the Creator and His wonderful Word. I've been studying Ephesians... teaching it... (which I should be doing that now)..and can't help but think about the new beginnings of life. There is the day we are born, for all of us. There is each spring... babies in the meadow, spring grasses, flowers, chill to warmth each morning as you step outside...this South Dakota country girl loves these things!! There is each new morning... a new (yet old) sunshine, a refreshment from sleep (you adopted kids and my own better be getting enough! :0) ), an opportunity to do right what we failed at yesterday and to do what we need to do today. To start anew, pausing and listening to Him... slowing enough to hear. But the best new beginning of all is in the Lord. Chosen by the Almighty God according to "the kind intention of His will (Ephesians 1)", accepting His one and only Son's sacrifice for our sin (His death and resurrection from the dead), we have an incredible new beginning. One that never fades away, a covenant that has no time limit except eternity, and the promise of the Holy Spirit to be our seal, our identification that we are indeed His, walking in newness of life. What can I say but... WOW.

Then the sun goes down... but it's back every morning. Just like the Lord is constant in His love for you and me... every morning He awaits His beloved, you and I, to enjoy the day with Him.

Enjoy the morning!

Mama C.

No comments: